Wisconsin Financial Assistance Programs
Check out this AMAZING resource- “Find how to get help, grants, and assistance in all counties, cities, and areas of WI listed. The government assistance, as well as non-profits, provide funds for paying heating or energy bills, rent, and other costs. Families can also receive free legal aid, medical care, health insurance, and other state of Wisconsin subsidized services.”
Consulte este recurso INCREÍBLE: “Encuentre cómo obtener ayuda, subvenciones y asistencia en todos los condados, ciudades y áreas de WI enumeradas. La asistencia del gobierno, así como las organizaciones sin fines de lucro, proporcionan fondos para pagar las facturas de calefacción o energía, el alquiler , y otros costos. Las familias también pueden recibir asistencia legal gratuita, atención médica, seguro médico y otros servicios subsidiados del estado de Wisconsin “.
Federal Stimulus Package
A new federal stimulus package offers some financial assistance during these difficult times. Here are some key benefits:
* 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐦 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: the original Dec. 31, 2020 deadline has been extended one month, through Jan. 31, 2021.
* 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐬: job seekers will be eligible for an extra $300 weekly bonus payment from the federal government, over the course of 10 weeks.
* 𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬: qualifying adults and their dependent children under age 17 will receive a second stimulus check for up to $600 per person. More information: IRS.gov/eip
Check the status of your payment: IRS.gov/GetMyPayment
For other COVID-19-related tax relief: IRS.gov/Coronavirus
Un nuevo paquete de estímulo federal ofrece alguna asistencia financiera durante estos tiempos difíciles. A continuación, presentamos algunos beneficios clave:* 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨́𝐧 𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐣𝐨: la fecha límite original del 31 de diciembre de 2020 se extendió un mes hasta el 31 de enero de 2021.* 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐨 𝐦𝐚́𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬: los solicitantes de empleo serán elegibles para un pago de bonificación semanal adicional de $ 300 del gobierno federal, en el transcurso de 10 semanas.* 𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐨: los adultos que califiquen y sus hijos dependientes menores de 17 años recibirán un segundo cheque de estímulo por hasta $ 600 por persona.
Más información: IRS.gov/eip Verifique el estado de su pago: IRS.gov/GetMyPayment Para otras desgravaciones fiscales relacionadas con COVID-19: IRS.gov/Coronavirus
Milwaukee Area Resouces
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee – The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee is to inspire and empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. It is the largest and oldest youth-serving organization in Milwaukee.
- Community Advocates – Community Advocates serves Milwaukee residents who need help with their energy bills, housing issues, surviving domestic violence, substance abuse.
- Courage MKE – Courage MKE fuels a collaborative movement to provide the housing, resources, and services that displaced and homeless LGBTQ youth in Milwaukee need to thrive, as well as scholarships and other services for the LGBT youth of our community.
- Diverse & Resilient – Wisconsin’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) organization, and the only one devoted solely to public health. Established as an HIV prevention program in 1995, the agency became an independent nonprofit organization in 2002, expanding its work to include the elimination of all health disparities affecting the LGBT community. The agency’s mission is the healthy development of LGBT people in Wisconsin.
- Holton Street Clinic – Holton Street Clinic’s mission is to provide specialized healthcare to all populations with actual or perceived sexually transmitted infections through consultation, testing, treatment, and follow-up with compassion and understanding in a respectful and confidential manner.
- Impact 2-1-1 – A 24-hour central access point for people in need. During times of personal crisis or community disaster, its free, confidential helpline and online resource directory make it easy for residents to get connected to local information, agencies and assistance. IMPACT 2-1-1 also has a translation service with more than 200 languages available.
- Job Center of Wisconsin ‘In-Demand Jobs’ – Employers need help filling new jobs created by the economic impact of COVID-19. There are several in-demand occupations that have open positions for those interested in working. Browse for a list of those occupations and links to currently available jobs on JobCenterWisconsin.com.
- Milwaukee County Department on Aging – Offers services for older adults including: transportation, meals, options counseling, wellness and senior centers.
- Milwaukee Health Department (Clinics) – Locations and hours of clinics providing services such as immunizations, counseling, nursing, sexual health, vision, hearing, blood pressure, WIC, healthcare access help, etc.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Greater Milwaukee – NAMI Greater Milwaukee is a community-based organization rooted in support and education, dedicated to improving the lives of all those impacted by mental health conditions in Greater Milwaukee. We are an independent 501(3)(c), and do not receive any financial support from either NAMI or NAMI Wisconsin.
- Pathfinders Milwaukee – Pathfinders is an equal opportunity employer and service delivery organization. Pathfinders es una empresa no discriminatorio y la organización de la entrega del servicio.
- PEARLS For Teen Girls – PEARLS is a unique leadership development program serving girls middle school through high school, and beyond, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They empower girls to live out the PEARLS values: Personal Responsibility, Empathy, Awareness, Respect, Leadership and Support.
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers – High quality health care for all ages, health education and social services free from linguistic, cultural and economic barriers.
- Sojourner Family Peace Center – Transforming lives. Sojourner Family Peace Center is the largest nonprofit provider of domestic violence prevention and intervention services in Wisconsin, serving over 11,800 clients each year.
- Teens Grow Greens – Teens Grow Greens is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization that grows teens through hands-on experience in healthy living, entrepreneurship, and leadership so that they become role-models among their peers and in their community. Their vision is that each teenager will be a purposeful leader in their own life and the lives of others.
- Vivent Health – Vivent Health is a new organization founded on the combined expertise of AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, Rocky Mountain CARES, St. Louis Effort for AIDS and AIDS Services of Austin. Together, they are working towards a world without AIDS. And they are committed to being a respectful, caring partner serving everyone affected by HIV through comprehensive, integrated prevention, care and treatment programs.
- Walker’s Point Youth and Family Center – Family support and empowerment, runaway and teen crisis, and housing programs.
- Wraparound Milwaukee – Wraparound Milwaukee is a unique system of care for children with serious emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs, and for their families. They are a National Best Practice Leader in the Wraparound Philosophy and Approach focusing on strength-based, individualized care.
Text Helpline – News414
Are you in need of help with finding food, cash, jobs, or housing? Or, are you seeking resources for mental health, domestic violence, or something else in the Milwaukee area? Help is easy to find with this fantastic resource! The resource is called News414, and it’s a text helpline for Milwaukee residents.
𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭 “𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐮𝐤𝐞𝐞” 𝐭𝐨 𝟕𝟑𝟐𝟐𝟒 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝.
¿Necesita ayuda para encontrar comida, dinero en efectivo, trabajo o vivienda? ¿O está buscando recursos para la salud mental, la violencia doméstica o algo más en el área de Milwaukee? ¡La ayuda es fácil de encontrar con este fantástico recurso! El recurso se llama News414 y es una línea de ayuda de texto para los residentes de Milwaukee.
𝐄𝐧𝐯𝐢́𝐚 “𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐮𝐤𝐞𝐞” 𝐚𝐥 𝟕𝟑𝟐𝟐𝟒 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐚𝐫.
Human Trafficking Prevention
While many question remain regarding the situation on 40th and Lloyd yesterday, there is no question about the fact that human trafficking is a serious issue. If you or someone you know is experiencing human trafficking, please call 1-888-373-7888.
Exploit No More
Sexual Health – Testing Sites
Don’t let COVID stop you from taking care of your sexual health! Here’s where you can get STI/HIV tests in Milwaukee.
¡No permita que COVID le impida cuidar su salud sexual! Aquí es donde se puede obtener pruebas de ITS / VIH en Milwaukee.